Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Melanie Oudin's Secret Weapon: Mental Toughness

Is 17-year-old Melanie Oudin the real deal? Most experts, such as Brad Gilbert think so. Read on to discover her biggest weapon...

If you have seen Melanie Oudin’s remarkable 3-set wins, you have witnessed her big-time comebacks against top players in the world.

How is she’s pulling out those matches come-from-behind victories? Is she that talented or skilled? Or is it sheer grit and determination?

To beat the top players, it's all of the above. But I left out her most important weapon--and it's not her ability to run down balls consistently--it's her mental toughness!

“I think the biggest weapon can be mental toughness. It doesn't have to be a stroke or a shot or anything like that. If you're mentally tough out there, then you can beat anyone. I think that's what I really did well today and I've done in my past matches. I'm so focused and I fight super hard. So it's not going to be easy to beat me or I'm not going to back down at all,” said Oudin.

What is mental toughness in tennis?

Read Melanie Oudin’s Secret Weapon: Mental Toughness at Sports Psychology for Tennis

Posted via email from Peaksports's posterous

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home