Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Tennis Mind Games: Early US Open Exits – Is This Mental or Physical?

Have you watched the action at the U.S. Open? A lot of surprises this year. We’ve seen some early exits by top seeded players… Are these early exits caused by a poor mental game or physical game?

 

For example, Ana Ivanovic lost to Kateryna Bondarenko of Ukraine in the opening round of the US Open. In this case, her first round exit was caused by a poor mental game, as she confessed…

 

“I think I’ve been thinking about everything too much and trying to address lots of issues with my game,” Ivanovic said.

 

“My fitness is at one level, mind at another, my game is at another level. I think these all these things have to marry to get into the right direction and have to fit.”

 

What’s the culprit? Ivanovic has lost trust in her game. She got sidetracked with too many methods or solutions…

 

Read Early US Open Exits – Mental or Physical at Sports Psychology for Tennis>>

Posted via web from Peaksports's posterous

1 Comments:

Blogger Jurmaine Health said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home